In Spring 2 we will be learning about Horatio Nelson in our topic 'Nelson: Sea Warrior'.
In this topic:
- We will carry out research using varied sources of information, learning about the life of Horatio Nelson
- We will learn about the famous Battle of Trafalgar
- We will identify and locate the countries within the UK and their capital cities using maps and atlases
- We will learn to use a compass and maps to navigate a journey
- We will use positional language to describe position, direction and movement. Using words such as quarter turn, half and three-quarter turns including clockwise and anti-clockwise
- We will practise our cooking skills by making biscuits, ensuring we follow the recipe correctly and weigh ingredients accurately.