What makes up our identity?
In this topic the Historical skills we will focus on are…
· Observe or handle evidence to ask questions and find answers to questions about the past.
· Use artefacts, pictures, stories, online sources and databases to find out about the origins of the Aboriginal community.
· Show an understanding of Australia's history, and concepts such as civilisation, war and peace.
In this topic the Geographical skills we will focus on are…
· Ask and answer geographical questions
· Identify the key features of states within Australia.
· Use a world map to identify/locate the continent of Australia and its surrounding ocean. Get a sense of the distance between Australia and the UK and its size.
· Understand geographical similarities and differences between Richmond, Tasmania and Fareham.
In this topic the Science skills we will focus on are…
· Identify, name and describe native Australian plants and animals.
· Identify the habitats that animals/plants live in, and the reasoning behind this.
· Find out and describe what plants need in order to grow and stay healthy.