St Jude’s Curriculum
Achieving Together in God’s Love
At St Jude’s School our Christian beliefs permeate everything that we do and encourage a sense of gratitude and responsibility for God’s wonderful creation. We ensure that children feel safe, secure and loved within our school community.
We take very seriously the privilege and duty of guiding each and every child from the beginning of their educational journey to their transition to secondary school.
We aim to nurture the social and emotional well-being of children in our care, and we are dedicated to igniting in each child a love of learning that stays with them forever, so they become curious, questioning and reflective human beings.
We have high expectations of academic rigour and behaviour and promote these as the standard to which we all aspire.
- We aim to deepen their relationship with God by ensuring that children are witnesses to the Gospel Values through the relationships that exist between all members of the school community.
- We nurture children’s natural curiosity to ask questions and learn; this is supported through our engaging and enquiry based curriculum.
- We provide children with opportunities to be courageous and resilient in their approach to learning.
- We promote a growth mind set where children are encouraged to take risks with their learning, reflect upon their experiences and to persevere and develop resilience.
- We provide opportunities for children to become effective communicators who can work both collaboratively and independently.
At St Jude’s we have identified that the following learning capabilities of: collaboration, courage, curiosity, independence, reflectiveness and resilience are important qualities to have in order to become a life-long learner. For this reason, they are an intrinsic part of our children’s everyday learning experiences. We recognise that children not only have to gain knowledge, understanding and skills during their time at school, but they also need to develop positive dispositions for learning that will support them throughout their lives.