Week Beginning 04.05.20
Good morning year 3 J
I want to say a huge well done, once again, to all of you for all the effort you are putting into your home learning. I am so impressed with your work ethic and it is lovely to communicate with lots of you on Seesaw during this time.
It is the beginning of a fresh new week and this week is special because on Friday we celebrate VE day. This stands for ‘Victory in Europe’, which marks the end of WW11, when fighting against Germany came to an end in Europe.
- The English activity this week is centred around chapter 2 of Charlotte’s Web.
- There are four daily maths starter activities, to build up your fluency of number facts. As well as this, there is a Dip and Pick challenge for you to tackle. Remember to show your method and explain yourself fully in the ‘Explain’ question.
- You must pick another activity from the Easter RE choices.
- The geography activity links our topic of Eurovision and countries that fought in WW2. There is a page to explain the activity, as well as a map and a list of countries.
- Finally, I have uploaded a range of VE themed activities. There is also a fantastic pack of activities that Fareham Borough Council have put together, which I highly recommend taking a look at!
I have not uploaded any science this week, due to VE themed activities set.
I wish you a happy, safe and fun week, and I shall look forward to receiving more of your home learning throughout the week.