Think you know: E-safety
In this term’s PSHE/ICT sessions your child will be studying a unit of work based on Jessie & Friends, an animated series about online safety produced by Thinkuknow. Thinkuknow is the national education programme from NCA-CEOP at the National Crime Agency.
Jessie & Friends follows the adventures of Jessie, Tia and Mo as they begin to navigate the online world, watching videos online, sharing photos and playing games. The friends learn that while the internet can be an exciting place where they can learn and have fun, sometimes they may encounter things online which may make them feel worried or sad.
They will cover the following objectives within this unit:
- To identify what personal information is and the importance of not sharing this.
- To recognise different feelings I might encounter online and how my body might tell me something ‘doesn’t feel right’.
- To identify up to four adults in my life who I trust and how to ask them for help if I have a problem online.
- To identify that people online may not tell the truth.
- To explain the difference between a secret and a surprise.