Free School Meals
All children in Key Stage 1 will be entitled to Universal Free School Meals from September 2014 (these MUST be ordered daily).
However, for some of those children, schools will also be able to claim Pupil Premium, which will help provide further support for those children. The criteria for eligibility is the same as, and comes from, what is the free school meal criteria from Key Stage 2 onwards.
This criteria for eligibility is where parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs1
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
No other benefits qualify for free school meals from Key Stage 2 and or pupil premium for Key Stage 1.
To check eligibility, or to apply for free school meals click here and follow the on screen instructions.